Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Blog

Hello!

This is my first time to blog, so it will take me some time to get use to :)  My name is Semmes Humphreys, and I am the Store Manager of a Lilly Pulitzer Signature Store, The Pink Door, in Memphis, TN.  My momma, Mimi Taylor, is the owner.  We have been working together for almost 4 years!  In fact, our 4 year anniversary for The Pink Door is coming up!  So exciting... I cannot believe that it has been 4 years!  It has been a very interesting, yet fun, and extremely hard working past 4 years. 
When my mom bought The Pink Door from her two best friends from high school, the store was doing extremely well.... Well, little did we know that a little less than a year later, the world fell apart.  As new store owners, we were still getting use to the whole "small business" world, then we had the economy fall apart!  It was an every day struggle to make it as a small business, let alone a NEW small business!  We had to pull in a lot and just try to stay afloat.  We did a lot of new things too - like I built our e-commerce website!  Through thick and thin, we made it!  And, we have our extremely loyal customers to thank :).  So, a special shout out to all of our FABULOUS, LOYAL, and overall FANTASTIC Lilly customers!  It has been a crazy 4 years, and I am sure to reflect on it more when September 1st rolls around.

Right now, we have our first shipment of Fall in the store.  It is SO CUTE and I will def have a lot more to say or "blog" about that... Until then, I am going to figure out how the heck does all of this blog business work... Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)

Until next time (aka when I get a handle on this new media platform)!

xoxo,
Semmes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment